Saturday, May 5, 2012

Reaching your full potential for GOD.... Psalm 139:13-16

Psalm 139: 13-19 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Sitting at Jesus' Feet today the word "potential" kept coming to mind. I was thinking about what God expects from me as a child of His. Is my life just about living to please Him, witnessing to others, being "good" or exactly what my potential is according to who and what God placed me on this earth to do/be. I started asking myself "am I excited about my life or do I feel like I am merely existing"? "Am I moving toward a clear goal that God has for my life or am I just drifting along from day without any sense of purpose or direction? I was thinking about a few times in my life where I could clearly remember being excited about my life and where God was taking me but then the excitement faded and I started to ask myself "what happened to me"? Do you sometimes ask yourself that question? Why are you so apathetic about your life and where did your inner drive go?

I believe that there are clear reasons why God's people (and people in general) have become so unmotivated, stuck in their circumstances, or just bored with their everyday life.
  • People have lost sight of who God created them to be and what he created them to do.
  • and as a result, people are not pursuing that "thing" that God has created them to do or who He has created them to be.
When you lose sight of who you are in God and what God has called you to do then life seems to lose all sense of purpose. Your life seems boring and you feel like you are going to be stuck forever in whatever season of life you are in. It definitely takes DAILY talks with God and DAILY time at Jesus' feet for us to make sure that our will and His will are aligned with each other. That doesn't mean that we make sure what we are doing is "okay" with God, it means that we find God's will for our life and make sure what we are doing or going to do is His will for us. It's really easy to become complacent with our lives. We settle for whatever hand of cards we are dealt and then we try to find a way to survive those cards. Sometimes we feel slighted, like God must of passed us by when he was handing out "GREAT LIVES". We don't have enough money, enough time, etc... We get stuck in how badly things seem because we compare our lives and circumstances to those people around us or those people on t.v. They seem to have it all together, more than they can use and we wish that we could have even a little of what they have. Comparing ourselves to others causes us to come satisfied with what we think is adequate or satisfactory.
I think that once we settle into that lifestyle we feel we're "forced" to live then we end up feeling threatened by achievement, challenges or ways in which we could make our life better.

Tonight as I sat listening to God and reading through Psalm 139:13-16 I felt God telling me that I need to start and continue to see myself and my circumstances with His eyes. I need to see myself like He sees me. I need to thank Him and feel blessed by the blessings that He has given me. It confused me a little bit because sometimes I find it hard to A.) see myself how He seems me and B.) figure out how does He actually see me.
  • Our Heavenly Father sees us through eyes of love and forgiveness.
  • He sees us where we are, but more than that He sees us where He has created us to be.
  • God sees all the possibilities and potential that He has created us to fulfill.
  • He sees us as His child, perfect and without sin. He's forgiven our sins as far as the East is from the West and a lot of times that in itself is what keeps us from reaching our full potential.
It's hard for us to get past the fact that once we accept Jesus into our life that we are seen perfect in His eyes. There is nothing more important to the Lord than each of us are. He wants all of us to see ourselves as Children of the King. We have unlimited access straight to his feet. He is ALWAYS there for us, just like we talked about in the first blog post.  Psalm 139: 17-18 God wants to communicate with us!!
During a class I took last weekend the speaker started his sermon with this: "What in the Holy Ghost are you doing?" I loved that. It really made me think. 1 Cor. 12:7 You are put in a place to grow in God.

I think it's VERY IMPORTANT for us all to realize that we are ALL predestined to something great. And one day we WILL arrive. When we do arrive God has given us the key to open the door into our destiny. The key is IN HIS WORD, the Bible! Even if you don't feel ready (and most of the time we won't) go ahead and step-up and step-into your destiny. Reach your full potential in God. He wants that more than anything for us.
Don't let this become overwhelming. Stepping into our destiny isn't going to happen over night. God will teach us in the place where we are spiritually. He will grow us just as we grow our children. We give them milk for a time, to help them grow and connect to the world around them. Then we move our children  onto more solid food as they mature in order to help their minds and bodies grow. God asks us to mature and grow and leave behind the "milk" and move onto the "solid foods". He grows us day by day, minute by minute, scripture by scripture. Once we begin to learn what the Lord has for us, the potential we were meant to reach, we MUST continue learning and moving into our potential. We can't start eating steak and then go back to milk again. Our bodies and mind have matured and gotten used to "big food" and if we put it back on milk we will start to lose all the things that the steak provided to us. We start going backwards instead of forward. 2 Cor. 2:11 being ignorant of the Word and what God wants for us allows satan to do his will. There is a reason that God wants us to start on the path to reaching our potential and a reason why he doesn't want to see us backtrack. It's easy for satan to get his claws in us and start to lie to us. He will tell you that you aren't good enough, there's no way God can use you because of your past, God will NEVER forgive you for "that", etc... ALL of those things that satan uses are examples of a lot of lost Christians who never gain or reach their potential.

God has give me some tools that I believe we can all use while we begin and continue the journey to reach our full potential in God:
  • We will fail, but don't go back to drinking milk just because you made a mistake. We are reconciled: OUR SINS are PAID IN FULL when Jesus died on the cross. He isn't crucifying us every time we make a mistake so why should we crucify ourselves?
  • Walk in the Spirit. See the "CHRIST" person in yourself and also in others.
  • FORGIVE FORGIVE FORGIVE
  • It's easy to get offended when I am immature, but as I become more mature those offenses will be easier and easier to FORGIVE. They may even stop being "offenses" in my eyes.
  • Remember: Nothing can come in or out of my life unless GOD allows it to.

God loves us all enough to let us choose. Our choices are what makes us either strong or weak. Each morning we can wake up and choose GOD'S path, the path to happiness and fulfillment, the path to learning and walking into our FULL POTENTIAL. So friends, let's WAKE UP and CHOOSE GOD together.

Friends, I want you to know that I pray each and every day over this blog and over each of you who are joining me. I want you to know that I am growing and learning right along with you and I pray that even if our paths only cross because of this blog that God will allow our paths to cross in Spirit and truth.
Thank you again for spending time with me at Jesus' feet and I pray that your day is blessed beyond measure.

Until tomorrow.... Lots of Love,
Brook


P.S. I had a question and I wanted to post the answer for everyone to see. During my blog I am reading and quoting scripture from the NIV bible (New International Verson) because it's easier for me to read and understand. No matter which version of the bible you choose to read, it is all the same. It will be worded a bit different, but that's okay. Don't let it keep you from getting your bible and reading these veres and seeing how God uses the different wording to speak to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment