Monday, May 28, 2012

Long overdue....

Hello my sweet friends,
    I'm sorry that I haven't done an entry in a while. Just when things started to even out in life, our new puppy Axel (a boxer) got parvo. We've had 2 weeks in and out of the vet, sick nights filled with IV's every hour, and as you can imagine 3 children who were scared their baby Axel wasn't going to make it. In the light of all those hours on end of IV's and sleeping on the floor with Axel I just didn't have the energy to write. It's not a good excuse, I'm sorry, it's just the nature of how things are going around here.

    My husband left last Thursday and will be gone 8 weeks to be an Advisor at COTA (Correctional Officer Training Academy of Arizona) and will only be here on the weekend. I wasn't sure how exhausting it would be to have the kids out of school, husband gone, trying to find fun things to do for the kids while caring for a sick dog- BUT IT'S EXAUSTING!!! I'm sure you all are there too with me. My husband sent me a text last night on his way back to COTA and said "I'm sorry I have to leave you especially when things are hard right now, I wish that I could be there with you and help you because I know you really need my help". It kind of broke my heart and made me sad, thinking of how easy things would be with 2 parents here, 2 people to help nurse a sick puppy, 2 parents to run errands, 2 parents to fix meals, 2 parents to entertain children.... then God reminded me..... HE is there for me when my husband can't be. HE Is there to listen to me when life is hard, when things feel out of control and when things are just plain overwhelming. HE is there to give me HIS strength, HIS comfort and HIS guidance. As helpful as my husband is because he is a physical body present to help, and as much as I love and adore the man he has become and all the help and guidance he gives me when I am overwhelmed.... GOD IS THE ALMIGHTY and we are made perfect by his strength. My husband gets tired just like me, we both get bogged down by daily "life" and while we can energize each other and coach each other at the end of the day we are both completely exhausted and need to sleep to restart the next day. GOD doesn't. He won't sleep, he won't eat, he won't leave us for even a second, HE IS ALWAYS THERE with ENDLESS love, strength, listening ears and an outstretched hand for us.
    
     Just remember my friends, when things are hard and the light isn't shinning on our day/evening/moment God still wants us to be HAPPY and filled with HIS joy. I know I needed to remember this and hold onto it this week, and will be holding on tightly to it for the next 8 weeks, 8 months, 80 years. (As said by my dear friend Christina)

Psalm 27:
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

  Thank you for spending some time at Jesus' Feet with me today and I promise to do better about posting daily as before. I love you all, thank you for what each of you bring to my life every day!!

In Him,
Brook

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Brook!! We raise our white flag, and we surrender all to you Lord Jesus!
    Love you so much baby girl!

    ReplyDelete